Hi there, friends!
I’m sure by now everyone has heard about the impact humans are having on the environment. I am a person who does not like to sit idly and leave things the way they are. So, I began researching ways to help our planet and I thought I’d share some tips!
1. I use reusable grocery bags. I adore the ones I got from amazon! They’re cute and efficient.
2. Reusable sandwich bags. They work great and save money if you pack a lot of lunches!
3. Compostable toilet paper and baby wipes. These products break down more easily and if you find good brands, are free of dyes and other harsh chemicals.
4. I cut out meat from my diet. Meat production requires a ton of water, depleting our reserves. Additionally, pesticides are utilized to grow food for the animals. These pesticides leech into our soil and groundwater. Animals also produce a lot of stool, contributing to greenhouse gas emissions.
5. Unplug your chargers and other electrical devices when not in use. Turn off your lights! Not only is this friendlier for your electric bill, it helps the planet too!
6. Make natural cleaning products. Vinegar is phenomenal!
7. Reduce how much you drive, if able. Carpool, bicycle, walk, etc! Utilize public transport. If you are unable to do that, plan out your errands ahead of time to reduce the amount of driving you have to do. The beauty of many earth friendly changes is they also save money in the long run.
8. Reusable water bottle. I personally love my glass and bamboo water bottle. It doesn’t eventually get a gross plastic flavor and has a covering to prevent it from breaking.
9. Avoid food waste. Meal prep, compost, buy only what you need. Whatever helps reduce the amount of food going to landfills!
10. Remember that it takes patience and adjusting to change your lifestyle to better accommodate the environment. Some changes are tricky to implement and that’s okay. Persistence and research is key.
Thanks for reading and have a phenomenal day!